Thursday, November 15, 2012

Baby Diaper Cake

Not much to blog about on the "Project Organization" front.....progress has been slow. Ugh.

How do you sort through photos without looking at them and getting all sentimental and nostalgic and taking hours to do it?

So instead of posting about my slim progress on that - I have to share some photos of my Mom's craftiness from the shower she hosted for me because I was so impressed with her handiwork!

(I've been very spoiled and had 2 showers thrown for me and have had so much fun and gotten so many wonderful items.  My friends at work are throwing me one tomorrow too! I can't believe how generous and supportive people have been.)

Here is the awesome diaper cake she made for me! I knew she was making one...she can't keep a secret at all, but I made her keep the theme a surprise. ha ha. It was so darned cute!
 
Not only was it super cute, but it was full of useful items too!
 
 

 
Little washclothes, socks, bows, bibs, spoons, bottle cleaners and over 240 diapers!
 
I don't know what I love more the little ballet socks, or the pink paw print socks - so adorable!
 
Grandma-to-be and the "cake" she made
 

I don't know the specifics of how she assembled it, but she said it was pretty easy. She said you just have to roll the diapers super tight and then use a bow or string to tie around them, and then stack the layers and stuff with the accessories.
 
She also made a really cute diaper caterpillar that was at the entrance. I love that his face has a pacifier in it!
 
 
Didn't she do a great job?! Thanks Mom!
 
Right now the majority of the gifts and baby items we received are packed up in boxes, waiting for the move. I can't wait to unpack and organize them! And then actually use them - January will be here soon!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...